Terms and Conditions
Unfortunately due to the large number of applications we will be unable to reply to all applicants individually. You will only hear from us if you have been short listed to take part in the competition.
- These terms and conditions relate to your application to participate in MasterChef ? The Professionals which Shine TV Limited proposes but does not undertake to produce for BBC. The information given by you in your application may be used in the programme should you be selected to audition.
- In order to be eligible to apply:
- You must be aged 20 or above on May 1st 2016;
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK (including Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands) and be able to provide evidence of this upon request;
- You need to have worked for at least 2 years as a chef in a professional kitchen and/or have the following minimum qualifications: NVQ level 3, 706/1 and 706/2 or equivalent. In Northern Ireland, you must have NTCB Certificate in Professional Cookery;
- You must be able to commit to all the filming days required; and
- You cannot be, or be closely related to, a member of the BBC or Shine TV staff
- You must inform us of any experience you have had in any capacity in a Michelin starred restaurant or any connection to a chef who holds a Michelin star. You must also inform us if you have ever participated in a TV cookery competition or programme. This may not exclude you from taking part in the competition but failure to disclose information could lead to disqualification.
- You must disclose any criminal convictions, spent or unspent and any pending or current criminal proceedings against you and you shall agree to undertake a Criminal Records Bureau check upon request.
- All information supplied in this application form must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. The provision of any untruthful, inaccurate or misleading information could lead to disqualification.
- Submission of an application form and compliance with these terms does not in any way constitute an offer to appear in the programme. Please note that we may not be able to respond to all applications and you may only hear from us if we would like to invite you to audition.
- The decisions of Shine and the BBC regarding selection of contestants to participate in the programme are final.
- The information you supply on this application form:
- may be stored by us in a database compiled for the programme and used for the purpose of selecting contestants including for the purpose of undertaking background check;
- may be used for inclusion in the programme (excluding any sensitive personal details such as addresses and telephone numbers);
- may be shared with the BBC solely as part of the selection process and for the purpose of producing the programme; and
- will not, without your consent, be supplied to third parties other than as is necessary to select contestants and produce the programme
By submitting this application form, you agree to Shine using the information you provide (including any sensitive personal information) for these purposes. If you have any questions regarding our use of your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org including title of the programme in the subject line.